Best Settings For Asus VG248QE And Perfect Color Profile Better FPS
The Asus VG248QE is a splendid gaming monitor for entry-level gamers. It comes in affordable pricing with a 144hZ refresh rate, 1080P display, and a 1ms response rate. Thus, the 1080P 144hz monitor is snappy without any lag. Also, its low motion-blur and Splendid OSD menu section also make the gameplay experience fluid, smooth and unbeatable, at least in theory.
But, in reality, many gamers complain that the Asus VG258QE monitor isn’t delivering the performance and color calibration it supposes to deliver. It happens due to improper color calibration, inability to set the best settings, and the monitor not providing the actual 144hz refresh rate during gameplay.
But fret not. Because-
We will go through the best settings for Asus VG248QE and tips on how to get 144hz on Asus VG248QU gaming monitor.
So, stick with us if you want the best gameplay experience with the VG248QE display.
A Brief Overview of ASUS VG248QE Monitor
The Asus VG248QE is an entry-level monitor. It comes with a 144hz refresh rate, and 1080P resolution LED display. Also, it has a 24-inch screen size which many gamers think is the best display size for an immersive gaming experience. Thus, many people choose it as a second monitor for their gameplay.
During the gameplay, the fast response rate and over 360cd/m² peak brightness level truly offer unbeatable performance. What’s more, you will find its sturdy build-quality and affordable pricing a great help during gameplay with the maximum setting. Thus, the monitor has been a buzz among beginners with great response, quick mounting and height adjustability, and, more importantly, a 144hz refresh rate for the fastest response.
However, many gamers can find the right preset picture calibration for the monitor. It lowers their gaming experience and leads people to say that this gaming monitor isn’t as good as advertised. But that’s not the reality.
You need to find the right settings for the Asus VG248QE gaming monitor to enjoy the most immersive and fluid gameplay experience.
|Size: 24″|Resolution: 1920×1080|Max Refresh Rate:144 Hz| Pixel Type: TN |Variable Refresh Rate :No VRR |Aspect Ratio: 16:9| Response Time: 1ms | Display Input Ports: Display Port, HDMI, and Dual-link DVI-D|
The Best Settings For Asus VG248QE
ASUS VG248QE monitor comes built-in pre-calibrated. So, it has multiple color profiles ideal for different color gamuts. You will find these pre-calibrated color profiles under the OSD section of the display. Theoretically, the pre-calibrated color profiles will work fine to offer you superior image quality and color accuracy during the gameplay.
But, the reality is quite different. You need to find the best settings for the monitor’s gameplay and match it with the ICC profile. Thus, we have researched to find Asus vg248qe best settings for gaming. The setting includes:
- The Splendid mode should be standard.
- Keep the contrast at 75.
- Set the brightness level at 65. You may increase it if you like brighter and more vivid image.
- The color temperature is based on user preference. However, we put it at 96, 94, and 88 respectively for red, green, and blue or RGB for our setting. It’s called the “User Mode.”
- It would be best if you disabled the ASCC that stands for dynamic contrast ratio. Also, disable the SmartView option.
- You can then set the TraceFree Parameter of the Asus VG248QE monitor as much as you can. But setting it beyond 60 isn’t recommended as it might cause some ghosting or motion-blur during the gameplay. We suggest you keep the TraceFree Parameter at 40 for the best outcome.
- You should keep the sharpness and saturation level at 40 and 55, respectively. Plus, disable the Smart View and ASCR options and set the skin tone at “natural” for the best image quality.
When you have saved these settings, you will need to download and install the right ICC profile for the settings. It will also depend on the GPU manufacturer of your desktop. These are:
- ASUS VG248QE NVIDIA ICC color profile
- AMD ICC color profile
The manufacturers use hardware color calibration for the right color profile. The calibration will deliver accurate colors and better images by changing the Look-Up Table (LUT) and Gamma of the GPU based on the color profile settings.
Nonetheless, you might want to know the installation process of the ICC profile for the best settings for Asus VG248QE monitor. And here we go.
How to Install the Right ICC Profile for Asus VG248QU Monitor Setting:
When you have downloaded the ICC profile for the recommended setting of your VG248QE monitor, you need to install it. Thankfully, the installation process of the ICC profile is pretty convenient and user-friendly. The process remains the same for Windows 7, 8, 9, 10, and the latest 11 versions.
The steps follow as:
- From the Control Panel of your desktop, access the Color Management setting option
- Now select the check box that says, “Use my settings for this device.”
- Click on the “Add” button.
- Now click on Browse and search throughly until you get the “.icm(ICC)” option. Then, click on the Ok button to finalize your selection.
- Now, carefully select your preferred color profile for the monitor. Then, choose “Set as Default Profile” and save the settings.
- After that, you need to access the “Advanced” tab. There, you have to click on the option that says, “Change system defaults…”.
- After that, another window will pop up, once again go to “Advanced” tab of the new window. There select the check box, “Use Windows display calibration.”
All set, now you can save the color profile setting and exit the “Color Management” option by clicking the “Close” button
An Important Note:
Many video games will apply the default color settings of the graphic card automatically. So, you need to run the game among the two alternatives below to help the custom color profile work properly. These options are:
- Full Screen (Windowed)
- Windowed Full Screen
There’s another alternative to solve the problem. A software named “Color Clutch” will immediately solve the problem. If you want to swap between your custom color profile setting and the default color profile of your Asus VG248QE monitor, you may download and install the “Display Profile” software. It has a great intuitive application that gamers will surely appreciate.
Tips On How To Get 144hz On Asus VG248QE
The maximum refresh rate of the Asus VG248QE monitor is set at 144hz. Nonetheless, you won’ get the highest refresh rate of the display automatically. You need to tweak between the settings to achieve the maximum refresh rate for the most immersive gaming experience with this budget=friendly 144hz gaming monitor.
Thankfully, there’re three top methods to enable a 144hz refresh rate on your Asus VG248QE monitor. It includes:
- From Window’s display setting
- For AMD GPU
- For NVIDIA GPU
These methods are pretty easy to apply and use to achieve the 144hz refresh rate. But, before you proceed to know how to enable 144hz on Asus VG248QE monitor, you need to learn about the input and cables you will need for it.
Cable and input required for the Asus VG248QE to enable 144hz:
Asus Vg248QE monitor comes with two input ports and one standard HDMI port. These two ports except the HDMI monitors are:
- Display Port
- Dual-link DVI port
The good news is both these input ports support a 144hz refresh rate during the gameplay at 1080P resolution. Also, you won’t find any issues during the gameplay while playing at 144HZ with full 1080P for the best experience.
Thus, you can use either of these input ports for enabling 144hz in your Asus VG248QE monitor. But, there’s a catch.
When you unpack your VG248QE monitor, you will find that Asus has already provided a Dual-link DVI port cable for your use. Thus, the Dual-link DVI port is preferable to get 144hz on Asus VG248QE as you won’t need to spend on the cable additionally.
Once you are ready with the input cable and input port, you are all set to tweak the settings. However, the 144hz refresh rate settings will vary extensively depending on the GPU type your desktop has. So, we will highlight both the AMD and NVIDIA GPU settings for the 144Hz rate and the general Windows settings.
Method 1: Change your Windows display setting
You can access and use the “Windows Display setting” to get the 144hz refresh rate from your Asus VG248QE monitor. It is convenient and doesn’t need any high-end computer skills either. You can, however, apply this method if your desktop has the standard integrated Intel GPU.
If you have NVIDIA or AMD GPU, the process will be different (We will discuss these methods. So, first, determine which type of GPU your desktop has and proceed accordingly.
- Access the ‘Display Settings’ option by clicking on the right button of your mouse on the Windows monitor. As you press the right button, the screen will come with the pop-up menu from where you can easily open the “Display Settings” option.
- From there, scroll all the way down to find the “Advanced Display Setting” option. As you open the advanced display setting option, look at the bottom to find the dialogue box written “Display adapter properties for Display 1.’
Now, click on it. If you have a dual monitor setup for the desktop, choose the VG248QE monitor from the “Choose Display” option as you open the “Advanced Display Settings” menu bar.
- A new message box will pop up on display as you click on the “Display adapter properties for the Display 1” option. From there, you have to select the ‘Monitor’ tab.
- The ‘monitor’ tab will open the ‘refresh rate’ options available for the display in another pop-up box. You can quickly scroll through the options and choose the 144hz refresh rate from there.
- As you click on the “apply” button, a new dialogue box will pop up on the screen saying “Keep Changes” message.
- Click on the “Keep Changes” option to save the change.
Now you can enjoy the 144hz refresh rate on the Asus VG248QE monitor even at 1080P without any problems. It will also give you a fluid gameplay experience.
Method 2: Steps for AMD GPU
If you use an AMD GPU, the process mentioned above won’t enable a 144hz refresh rate on the Asus VG248QE monitor.
But fret not….
Since we have covered it for AMD GPU owners in the following steps:
- Right-click your Windows PC and access the ‘AMD Radeon Settings’ option.
- The Window of the AMD Radeon settings tab will have five options on the menu bar, including gaming, video, display, Eyefinity, and system. Click on the “Display” tab to open it.
- On the right upper corner of the “Display” tab, you will find the “Additional Settings” option. Click on it to open the “Additional Settings” tab promptly.
- There you will find the “Radeon Additional Settings.” It runs in the background.
- From there, scroll down to find the ‘My Digital Flat-Panels” menu. Once you click on it, you will quickly find the “Properties (Digital Flat-Panel).” Usually, it is located at the left sidebar.
- If you find the options mentioned in the previous step, you can do it from the ‘Desktop Management.’ You will find it under ‘Desktop Properties’ located at the right sidebar of your Windows.
- As you open the display settings, choose the 144hz refresh rate for Asus VG248QE monitor. It will be located at the dropdown menu named ‘Refresh rate.”
- Finally, choose and click on the 144hz rate and click on the “Apply” button to apply and save the changes.
That’s it. You will now get a 144hz refresh rate during gameplay.
Method 3: Steps for NVIDIA GPU
If you have the NVIDIA GPU for your desktop, setting up 144hz for the VG248QE monitor will be slightly different. That’s why we have also included the process to enable 144hz on the Asus VG248QE gaming monitor.
The steps are:
- Right-click your Windows screen to access the “NVIDIA Control Panel” menu.
- On the left sidebar of the menu, you will find the “Change Resolution” option. Click on it.
- A new dropdown box will pop up, named “Refresh Rate.” Scroll down the dropdown box to find the 144hz refresh rate option.
- Select the 144hz refresh rate and save it by clicking on the “Apply” button on the pop-up box. However, you need to adjust the display resolution and refresh rate to get the best gaming experience with the 144hz refresh enabled on your desktop with NVIDIA GPU.
- So, from the left sidebar option of your Windows, select the “Adjust desktop size and position” menu. From there, also set the refresh rate at 144hz and click on the “Apply” button to save all the changes.
Now, you are all set to enjoy your Asus VG248QE monitor at the highest 144hz refresh rate with only 1ms of response time. You will surely love the immersive gameplay. Moreover, the reasonable pricing of the monitor makes it one of the most sought-after displays in the market.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I optimize the VG248QE monitor?
You can opt for our recommended color profile setting and install the suggested ICC color profile to optimize your VG248QE monitor quickly. It will take only a few minutes, and you will truly love the output during gameplay.
- Is Asus VG248QE a good monitor?
It is a great LED display as long as you choose the VG248QE monitor for gameplay. It comes with low input lag, low motion blur, higher refresh rate, and backlight flicker, which truly makes it a great entry-level choice for beginners.
- What picture mode is best for a gaming monitor?
When you set your monitor for gaming, you should adjust its contrast and brightness for the best picture mode and image quality. Ideally, the brightness and contrast of a gaming monitor should be at 100% and 50%, respectively.
This comprehensive guide includes the best settings for Asus VG248QE monitor, along with tips on how to enable 144hz on Asus VG248QE. The processes are easy and convenient to apply.
It will take only a few minutes to accomplish the entire setting process and install the ICC color profile. Thus, gamers will surely love the immersive and smooth gameplay. Also, the sturdy build quality of the monitor promises to last long. So, it will be worth an investment for beginner and intermediate gamers.